Vanilla Butter Nut Cake
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Sauer's Vanilla, Butter and Nut Flavor
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2⅔ cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a fluted cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, sugar and flavor. Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
3. After all the eggs are incorporated, add evaporated milk. Mix in the salt and flour, followed by the pecans.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1-1½ hours, or until done.
5. Cool for 15-20 minutes in pan before removing cake. Let cool completely before serving.
Serve as is or top with your choice of frosting or icing.