Szechwan Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3 green onions, cut into julienne strips (white parts only)
- 1 medium green pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2 x ⅛-inch julienne strips
- 1 cup julienne-style peeled carrots, cut into 2 x ⅛-inch strips
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Ginger
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. chili paste with garlic (see note)
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine (see note)
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a large zip-closure plastic bag.
2. Place pork cubes in marinade; close bag and turn bag several times to coat pork with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour in a baking dish.
3. To stir-fry, heat oil in a large heavy skillet or wok to medium (350-375°F); add garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add green onions, green pepper, carrots, and ginger; stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Remove vegetables to a serving dish. Drain meat; reserving marinade. Reheat skillet; add marinated pork cubes and stir-fry until meat is lightly browned and fork tender.
5. Add cooked vegetables and reserved marinade to meat in skillet; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
If desired, serve over rice.