Summer Tomato Cobbler
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Basil
- ⅛ tsp. Sauer's Cayenne Pepper
- 3-4 large tomatoes, any variety, chopped
- 1 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Ground Black Pepper
- 2½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, mix of yellow and red
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
1. Melt butter in skillet on stove at medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion and cook until soft and slightly golden. Add garlic, basil, and cayenne pepper.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, brown sugar, and sea salt. Add black pepper.
4. Cook tomato mixture for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in flour.
5. Fold in the smaller tomatoes. Pour into a baking dish.
1. Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together. Cut in cold butter into the dry ingredients. Pour milk in the middle and mix until sticky dough forms. Add grated cheddar cheese.
2. Roll out onto floured surface to ½-inch thick and cut biscuits. Try not to overwork the dough.
3. Place biscuits on top of tomato mixture, leaving some tomatoes exposed. Dough can be spoon-dropped on tomatoes and not rolled out if desired.
4. Bake in preheated over at 350°F for 1 hour or until biscuits are golden. Let set for 20 minutes before serving.