Spiced Apple and Cabbage Salad
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Dill Seed, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Ground Dry Mustard
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Black Pepper
- 3½ cups thinly sliced apples (about 2 large apples), peeled or unpeeled
- 1½-2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrots
- Crisp lettuce leaves as desired (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in vinegar, dill, salt, mustard, and black pepper, mixing well.
3. Add apples, cabbage, and carrots; toss well to mix.
4. Arrange lettuce leaves on salad plates.
5. Spoon cabbage mixture onto lettuce leaves, dividing evenly.