- 1 lb. beef strip steak or round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced medium chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup Sauer's Brown Gravy Mix (made as per directions)
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Black Pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced medium chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced medium chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced medium chunks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, drained or 2 medium tomatoes, blanched and peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 servings white or brown rice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch and ¼ cup water (optional, for a thicker sauce)
1. Slice beef into 3-inch strips ¼ inch wide.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet on medium-high and add onion and garlic. Stir until onion is tender. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and sauté the beef until brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain fat from pan.
4. Add brown gravy, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper to skillet and stir well.
5. Return beef, onions and garlic to skillet and simmer for 30 minutes. Add bell peppers and tomatoes.
6. Cover and cook until peppers are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. If you want thicker sauce, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water, stir into the skillet until thickened.
7. Serve over white or brown rice.