Keto Cauliflower Hamburger Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Sauer’s Hamburger Grill Seasoning, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 13×9-inch casserole pan.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small uniform florets and discard the core. Place the florets in a pot with about a half inch of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and then cover and steam over medium-high heat until they are barely cooked (about 6-8 minutes). Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In a large frying pan, cook the beef and onion over medium heat and season with 2 tablespoons of the Hamburger Grill Seasoning. Break up the beef into small pieces while stirring and remove when the meat is mostly cooked through. Drain any excess liquid and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of the Hamburger Grill Seasoning together. Set aside.
5. Assemble the casserole in your prepared dish by alternating layering of the cauliflower and ground beef mixture until they are both completely used. Then pour the egg mixture over the top.
6. Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes until center is set. Once set, sprinkle the cheese all over the top and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.