- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 Tbsp. sifted cocoa
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a small bowl, sift together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, gradually add water to cocoa, beating until blended; cool to room temperature. Add egg, oil, and vanilla beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture; beat for 1 minute.
5. Fill greased muffin cups, 2½ inches in diameter, lined with paper baking cups if desired, ⅓ full.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a metal tester inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
7. Cool. Frost as desired.