Dill N’Tuna Potato Salad
- 1 lb. unpeeled, new red-skinned potatoes, cut into ⅛-inch thin slices
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Instant Celery Flakes
- Cold water as needed
- 2 (6½ oz.) cans tuna, drained
- ½ cup sweet red pepper strips, cut into 1 x ⅛-inch strips
- Crisp spinach or lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and cut into wedges, for garnish
- Sliced pitted black olives and peeled red onion rings for garnish
- ⅔ cup bottled Italian-style dressing
- 1½ tsp. Sauer's Dill Weed
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Onion Powder
1. In a large heavy saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water about 4 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again. Place potato slices in a large bowl.
3. In a medium heavy saucepan, cook green beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again.
4. Place celery flakes in a small bowl; cover with cold water. Allow to stand 10 minutes; drain off water.
5. Add celery, green beans, tuna, and sweet red pepper to potatoes.
6. Combine dressing ingredients; add to salad and mix gently.
7. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
8. To arrange salad, line each plate with spinach or lettuce leaves. Mound salad in center of each plate and garnish with egg wedges, olives, and onion rings.