- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2½ lbs. lean boneless shoulder or leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled onions
- 1 green mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Sauer's Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Cloves
- ⅛ tsp. Sauer's Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 (14½ oz.) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 Sauer's Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Cooked rice
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
2. Brown the meat in batches over medium heat; remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Add garlic and onions to pan; cook for about 5 minutes or until tender but not browned.
4. Stir in mango, jalapeño pepper, curry powder, allspice, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add browned meat, chicken broth, and bay leaf to pan.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1½ to 2 hours or until lamb is tender.
7. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the lime juice.
8. Serve over rice; top with toasted coconut. Garnish each serving with a lime wedge.