Cheese N’ Pepper Bread
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- 2¼ cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Basil Leaves
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1¼ cups low-fat buttermilk
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and baking soda; add lemon pepper seasoning and basil, mixing well.
2. With a fork, stir in cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350°F) for 45-50 minutes or until a metal tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in pan; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.