- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, oil, and honey; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer or until smooth.
3. Stir in grated carrots, raisins, and dry ingredients, beating until well mixed.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, 2½ inches in diameter, lined with paper baking cups, if desired, filling each two-thirds full.
5. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350°F) for 18 to 22 minutes or until a metal tester inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.