- 1 lb. stew meat, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. flour, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Canadian Style Steak Griller
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2½ cups cubed potatoes
- 2¼ cups water, divided
1. Coat meat with ¼ cup of flour and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add coated meat and brown on all sides.
3. Add beef broth and seasoning, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Add vegetables and 2 cups of water to stockpot, return to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer another 45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
5. In a small bowl, blend remaining 2 tablespoons of flour with ¼ cup of water.
6. Add flour mixture to stew and stir thoroughly.
7. Remove from heat and serve.