- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2½ lbs. Granny Smith apples (about 6-8 apples), peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. Sauer's Apple Pie Spice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place 1 pie crust in bottom of 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss sliced apples with lemon juice, then mix in spice, sugar and flour.
4. Pour apples into pie crust, place butter pieces over apples, then top with second crust and crimp edges together. Cut a few slits in top of pie for steam to escape.
5. Cover edge of pie with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
6. While pie is baking, mix egg with water in small bowl.
7. Remove foil, brush pie with egg mixture and continue baking for about 25 more minutes or until crust is golden brown.